Wednesday 19 April 2017

Altered Shadow Box

Hi
This is Hema sharing a new GDT project for CraftsNeed …..a one stop collection for all your Craft Supplies.  I have used the supplies from Crafts Need in this project.  Since the last theme was Shadow Box.....I thought of sharing a different approach of making the same, here I share a tutorial for shadow box which can be customized as per the occasion and gift it to your loved ones or as a keepsake. So let me share this fun project with you all and hope you guys can do it and gift it for your loved ones.



Here I picked a ready photo frame which is available in any stores and this we are using as a shadow box.











So here  I have applied black gesso on to the frame and heat set it. Next I adhered few metal charms on to the frame.
Now once we have finished with the gesso …..now is the main frame work.  Take a thick chipboard and cut strips measuring the glass of your photo frame......ensure the measurements are according to the glass because we need to ensure the box fits into the frame perfectly into it.






After your chipboard pieces are cut, paint them with black acrylic and dry it. And stick these on to your glass with adhesive and allow to dry. After its set ….now start assembling your embellishments.  I picked flowers,  fussy cut nakshatra papers, golden bead string, wooden chipboard and started decorating the shadow box.




I took Nakshatra Design paper cut it to the size of the box and used the strip paper for decoration, I used the negative side of the small strip and attached it behind the border strip for a lace effect.....you can see this inside the shadow box.
This is how I finished the inner decoration with some fussy cut wording with the same paper pack and rhinestones and I hand drew the gal and water colored with Koi water colors.
Sharing the finished project and few close up shots.  Here you can use personalize pictures instead of the girl and decorate it for your keepsake or gifting purpose.






Hope you all like this what I shared with you here.  And do share with us your views and what you learnt here......I would be happy to showcase my projects here.
Will share another project with you all till then.........
HAPPY CRAFTING!!
Lots of Love
Hema

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Gals.....thank you so much!!((HUGS))!!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful Alteration Hema...Thnk u for lovely tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anu....for the oppurtunity.....!!XOXO!!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

a quick candlight