Monday 2 October 2017

Diwali card tutorial



Hello folks, 

       To start with I first want to thank Bhavani Balaji the sole proprietor of Craftsneed for choosing me as DT for her blog... This is my first time and I am honored and glad to be a part of B-SQUARE team.


      It's brings to me immense pleasure to create cards. And here I made a card for Diwali using stencil from craftsneed. All I must say is that stencils that i received from craftsneed are quite good quality and great designs. And thanks for these goodies.


                                       
                        

Following shows the steps for creating this card 




  








Supplies used :
* Expression stamps Diwali divas stencil 

* Tim holtz persimmon

* Tim holtz spice marmalade

*Ranger mini blending tool

 * White Matt card stock 

* Liquitex modelling paste 

* Yellow glitter

* Yellow Hobby idea acrylic paint

* Heat embossing tool

* Ranger superfine gold embossing powder

 * lantern and text  die cuts


First I used Tim holtz mini inks  together again with another layer of memento dew drops once I achieved the darker tone (since Diwali as a festival of colors ) I further created a embossed raised background by mixing liquitex modelling paste with  yellow acrylic colors. Placed the stencils over the  inked paper and apply a generous coat of modelling paste. Now gently remove the stencils and before the paste dries pour a good amount of glitter all over and tap the excess off. Dry either naturally or use heat embossing to blowout for quick drying. Here I let it dry naturally so that my glitter stays longer on the paste. Once dried  the background for my card is ready. For the elements I had stuck 3 layers of same die cuts on each other carefully once dry heat set these cuts with fine gold embossing powder. And further just stick them on this lovely background to positions per  your desire.

This Diwali card tutorial was simple to create  and very elegant with the final result.  And finally all my best wishes to each and all 
  
"wishing you all a very happy Diwali and have a prosperous year"


No comments:

Post a Comment

a quick candlight