Saturday 21 October 2017

All with stencil techniques



Good Morning Everyone,


Today I want to share few stencil techniques where I had created few cards from the stencils that I had received from craftsneed. Below is the background on the card which is the out come of those different techniques with different stencils.  
Check with the tutorial below.

Firstly I had used a water colour paper since I was using water colours which can brighten up the colours more vivid as when it seeps through the paper. I placed and masked the stencil on water colour card stock with the painter`s tape. Once secured nicely brush on whole paper with water. While its wet add colours of different shades brushing throughout generously. Dry with heat gun so that excess colour don't seep through in the stencils which may ruin the design. once done prepare for the element to be stuck on the background.

                         
                                This is the second technique with same paper but used my distress inks. I sponged dual colours of green half and half  in circular motion to avoid any blotting. 



For  third technique I used water colour pencils from faber castle. This is a bit lengthy one but fun technique to do with .Place the stencil neatly and secure with tape. You can use any kind of white paper for so since I will be doing it only pencils and giving some shades on design later on. Draw your pattern along the inside of stencils and done with shadings to give more vivid bright pattern

you can see below how shadings brighten up the entire design if needed you can merge colours with wet brush to give more softer look .


for fourth technique I used water colour spray bottles of 2 colours and sprayed half and half  on paper which achieved 3rd hue in middle when sprayed on paper and immediately heat set the whole colour.



Below u can see the final look after all the techniques used to for background.



            For the elements I used stamps from craft need. I stamped the imaged with versa mark ink and heat embossed with black embossing powder and later diecut them. Then I used memento dye ink to colour all over giving more depth in center. Stuck the diecut  on another diecut to give  the boarders to enhance the center image. And the sentiments are too from the same stamp set which were also heat embossed on black card stock with white frost embossing powder.                            


  Finally when all done I placed my elements on to the card with foam tape behind to give it a little raised look.

Supplies used :
Expression stamps Mothers love


 


water colour paper
Versa mark ink 
black and white Embossing powder
Heat gun tool 
Distress ink
Momento ink 
Faber castle water colour pencil
Koi water palate 
black card stock
 water spray paints
sponge applicator or  blending tool

so, let me know how you like the finished projects with such simple techniques which are more fun to do to get different out come.
thanks for watching. Bye.


2 comments:

a quick candlight